Followers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gisele Can Do No Wrong!

Gisele, my niece, was born on Thanksgiving Day 2007.  She kept her parents busy right from the start, so I had the privilege of writing and sending out her birth announcement:

Hello All,

Hopefully you've enjoyed a heartwarming Thanksgiving with your family. We were blessed with our own little holiday miracle by the stork, who dropped by early to present a little cousin for my children. Hanh & Doca got the first glimpse of their baby girl's face at 6:30 the morning of Thanksgiving.

My kids are begging to visit their aunt & uncle to baby-sit... for free! They never showed this touching tenderness to their own siblings. In fact, I remember Audrey climbing into the crib to strangle her newborn sister out of jealousy. No, I'm not exaggerating!

According to my dad and Doca, little Gisele looks like me (Tifo) based on ultrasound pictures.  How??  I don't know! Here are a few photos so you can debate the resemblance. I'd say she looks pretty cute myself! :-)

Tifo

The "Awww..." moment!


Gisele's dad practiced swaddling with a little help from Auntie Peni


Here I am on a visit to Temecula where Gisele lives with her parents.  She was 1-month old in this photo.


Christmas 2007


And here she is again with me, a little older and more self-aware...

Don't try to steal my cool shades, Auntie Tifo!


Gisele was four-months old in this photo with my dad.  She formed an airtight attachment to him very early on.  Grandpa still means the world to her!





Gisele loves Grandma, too.  Look how she takes care of her!


Gisele singing the reverse lullaby to Grandma


Gisele is very outgoing and loves to take trips & excursions with the extended family.  Here she is at the park looking like a little Smurfette.


Here I come!

Day is done!


At the Fullerton Arboretum...


Looking like a Vietnamese Dorothy (in the Wizard of Oz)

  Baby Grow Up!


On her (almost) weekly visit to Orange County...


In front of my home looking totally happy

In the backyard with Grandpa

She's got him wrapped around her little finger!

Mugging with Auntie Midol at a Vietnamese restaurant


Gisele exhibiting her mischievous personality and impeccable fashion sense at her uncle's wedding...




For someone who looks preternaturally hip in every photo, Gisele has very uncool tastes. She has a huge crush on that overweight purple dinosaur, Barney, and his acne-prone sidekick, BJ. She can perfectly mimic that wiggle that Barney does at the end of his show! Wish I had videotaped that to share!


My favorite pic of Gisele:


Goodnight Moon!



No comments: